COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Tuesday morning crash on Stadium Boulevard in Columbia sent four people to the hospital, including two University of Missouri football players.
Emergency crews responded to a head-on collision around 10 a.m. at the intersection of Stadium and Champions Drive near Memorial Stadium.
University officials confirmed Wednesday that Anthony Sherrills and Eric Beisel, both incoming MU freshmen, suffered minor injuries. The driver of their car, Danielle Williams, also had minor injuries.
Officials say Williams failed to yield to oncoming traffic and tried to turn from Stadium onto Monk Drive, but ended up in the path of an SUV.
The crash briefly shut down the westbound lanes of Stadium as crews worked to clear the scene.
Sherrills, Beisel and Williams were all released from the hospital. The driver of the SUV, Anna Becker, remains in the hospital.
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Chapel Hill road repairs extended