BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - Several accidents prompted the closure of Interstate 70 westbound near the Missouri River Bridge Monday morning.
The accidents included a tractor trailer that jack-knifed and a car that slammed into the back of a truck.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Joshuah Hopson, 22, crashed into the rear of a tractor trailer that had stopped for an earlier accident.
Hopson was transported to University Hospital with minor injuries. The driver of the tractor trailer was not injured.
Both westbound lanes past exit 121 were closed around 8 a.m., but the lanes were reopened around 11:40 a.m.
During the closure, traffic was detoured to U.S. 40., which caused backups on the highway.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for more on this developing story.
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road