JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Fire crews in Jefferson City responded to an early morning apartment fire Wednesday.
At 6:41 a.m. crews responded to the fire at a two story apartment at 505 Ellis Boulevard. The fire was located in the lower apartment and firefighters say no one was there at the time.
The fire caused serious damage in the living area and serious smoke and heat damage to the remaining area.
People living in other apartments were evacuated for a short period of time, but no one was injured.
Investigators are still trying to figure out a cause.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security