COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man accused of kidnapping and raping his former girlfriend then leading police on a multi-day manhunt through the Lake of the Ozarks appeared in Boone County court for his scheduled arraignment.
It was Brian Adkison's first appearance in Boone County since his original arrest last summer.
Adkison appeared representing himself, but said he is consulting with a lawyer from Kansas City. He's charged with burglary, forcible rape, and deviate sexual activity in Boone County.
He's also facing charges in Caldwell County, including kidnapping, assault, violating an order of protection, and damaging a jail when he escaped from there last August.
Adkison will be back in court for a new arraignment on June 30.
Adkison has a scheduled court appearance on July 7 in Caldwell County for escape and damage to the prison, and a scheduled appearance in Camden County on July 23, where he faces tampering and burglary charges during his run from law enforcement last summer.
You can read more about Adkison's history in the related content section of this article.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit