Scottie Willet, 27, appeared in court in Callaway County today via video in what looked to be a protective vest.
The arraignment was short, but that's often the case for an initial court appearance.
Willet was shown on video walking with a Sheriff's Deputy into a small room in the Callaway County jail.
After some discussion with the judge, Willet's attorney asked that they continue with the trial on Friday, October third.
Sheriff Dennis Crane confirmed at the preliminary autopsy that Dayne Hathman was shot twice by Willet.
Both the prosecutor and defense attorney declined to comment.
Willets bond is set at one million dollars cash only.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County