JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A federal grand jury indicted an Arkansas man Friday for a June robbery at Alliant Bank in Blackwater.
43-year-old Timothy Hoyt, of Belle Vista, Ark., was charged in the indictment Thursday. The grand jury alleged he stole $5,123 from the bank on June 26.
The case was investigated by the Cooper County Sheriff's Department, the Alatoona, Iowa Police Department and the FBI.
Hoyt was arrested in August after a robbery at a Papa Murphy's Pizza in Alatoona, Iowa. At that time, investigators told ABC 17 News they suspected he had ties to other robberies across the Midwest.
Hoyt's case still has to go to trial in federal court.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security