COLUMBIA, Mo. - Boone County Sheriff's deputies are crediting an armed home owner with scaring away intruders.
Around 10:40 p.m. Friday, deputies were called to the 5300 block of S. Ponderosa Street for a report of a home invasion burglary.
Deputies say the resident of the home was in a bedroom when he heard loud noises coming from the front door. The resident armed himself with a handgun and saw at least two men kicking in his front door.
One suspect was wearing all dark clothing and a ski mask, according to authorities.
The suspects attempted to go upstairs, but when they saw the armed resident, they ran into an upstairs room and fled the home through a window onto the roof.
Deputies say no one was injured and nothing was stolen during the burglary.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 573-875-TIPS.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- New Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Updated Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Updated Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Updated Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal