COLUMBIA, Mo. - The University of Missouri Police Department is investigating an armed robbery on campus property.
Around 5 a.m. Wednesday, police were called to South Farm at 3600 New Haven Road.
Police say around 4 a.m., two people in a parked car were approached by a man. The suspect showed a handgun and demanded money from the two individuals.
The suspect took property and money before fleeing the scene in a large white vehicle with a black luggage rack on top. Police say the vehicle may have been an Cadillac Escalade.
The suspect is described as a black male in his mid 30's, about 6 feet tall with very short hair, and last seen wearing a black t-shirt.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Detective Joe Kingsbury at 573-884-2605 or CrimeStoppers at 573-875-8477 to remain anonymous. A reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County