BOONVILLE, Mo. - The Cooper County Sheriff's Department has made an arrest in the murder of a woman from Columbia.
Bryant Holmes, Jr., 23, was arrested on suspicion of murder, but the time and details of his arrest have not yet been released.
Satina Beckner's body was found on the side of a rural road south of Boonville on Wednesday.
Her cause of death has not been released, but an autopsy was conducted on Thursday.
There are no details at this point on how Holmes is connected to Beckner.
BODY FOUND WEDNESDAY
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said authorities found Beckner's body along Crab Orchard Road, south of Boonville, around 8 a.m.
The Sheriff's Department as well as the Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Scene Investigation unit responded to the scene near Crab Orchard Road between State Highway U and Highway 87.
Sheriff Wolfe told ABC 17 News that authorities are treating the investigation as a homicide.
Wolfe said they have received several leads and those leads are pointing to the Columbia area.
He would not elaborate on how Beckner was killed.
Her family reached out to ABC 17 News Thursday night and said she was the cousin of Tre'Veon Marshall, the teenager murdered in June in McKee Street Park.
Authorities have not said if the murders are related.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for the latest on this developing story.
- Updated 75 years after WWII, mid-Missouri remembers
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated UM System Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force releases recommendations after audit
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018