COLUMBIA, Mo. - As students and families return home from Spring Break, many are finding their homes burglarized.
According to police records, at least 11 homes were hit in just four days last week. In a few cases, burglars forced their way in by breaking a window or door. The homes were ransacked. However, officers couldn't say what was taken because investigators haven't spoken to victims. They also have no suspect descriptions.
So far, we know thieves hit a string of homes on College Avenue near the University of Missouri campus. There were also some reported burglaries on Copper Beach and a few on Brown Station Road in northeast Columbia.
Police expect the number of burglaries to increase throughout the week as more people notice items missing and report them to police.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit