FULTON, Mo. - An Auxvasse man pleaded guilty to first degree child molestation Monday in Callaway County Court.
63-year-old Ronnie Landis admitted to inappropriately touching a girl in July 2012.
The child came forward to authorities about a week after the incident happened.
The judge initially sentenced Landis to 8 years in jail.
Following testimony by the child's relative asking the judge to grant probation and order Landis to complete sex offender treatment, the judge suspended the sentence.
Landis was placed on probation on several conditions, including no contact with minor children and to complete a sex offender treatment program.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security