COLUMBIA, Mo. - Boone County deputies and Columbia police released the results of a DWI checkpoint on Mexico Gravel Road over Saturday night.
Throughout the course of the night, between 150 and 200 cars were stopped.
Among those stops, officers found one stolen vehicle. The person abandoned the car and ran off from the checkpoint into a nearby field.
In total, six drivers were arrested for being under the influence and three people were taken into custody for having a suspended or revoked license.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy