COLUMBIA, Mo. - Boone County Sheriff's deputies recovered eight shell casings on Rocky Fork Drive, north of Columbia, after gunshots were fired into a home.
Around 4 a.m. Tuesday, ABC 17 News heard scanner traffic of shots fired in the 5500 block of Rocky Fork Drive. Nothing much else was said on scanner traffic until after 7 a.m. when someone reported finding evidence of the shooting.
An ABC 17 News crew on scene saw deputies marking the evidence, even pointing out the eighth shell casing to investigators.
A deputy told ABC 17 News a home was hit and that it appears a handgun was used.
There are no reports of any injuries due to the shooting.
CrimeStoppers is offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for the shooting.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for the latest developments on this story.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze