BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - Deputies say they have arrested two men after a shots fired incident and car chase Tuesday night, but two suspects are still on the loose.
Marland Lane, 22, and Jamil Edwards, 21, were arrested after the chase. Lane is still in the Boone County Jail as of Wednesday morning. He was arrested for receiving stolen property, unlawful use of a weapon, resisting arrest and on several warrants.
Edwards bonded out of jail. He was arrested for receiving stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Investigators also say they have recovered stolen property, including a firearm, from the vehicle.
Around 8 p.m. Tuesday, dispatchers first received a report of shots being fired from out of a car along north Route J near Richland School Road. The initial report said a large-frame semi-automatic gun was used.
Deputies began to chase the vehicle, a Ford Taurus, on Route J, but the suspects ditched or crashed the car in the 1300 block of Roby Farm Road. The suspects then fled on foot.
Deputies and state highway patrol troopers searched the area for the suspects, but a K-9 unit lost the scent.
Law enforcement told residents near Roby Farm Road to lock their doors overnight.
The other two suspects remain on the loose, but officials have not released their identities.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust