COLUMBIA, Mo. - Police in Columbia say crime over the Thanksgiving holiday was down compared to the previous two years.
Between Nov. 22 and Dec. 2, officers responded to 17 burglaries -- 15 residential and two commercial -- within city limits.
In 2012, Columbia police reported 24 residential burglaries over the week-long break.
And in 2011, there were 40 burglaries, including 36 home burglaries.
- Updated Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Updated Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement