CALLAWAY COUNTY, Mo. - Deputies have made an arrest after a disturbance involving a sword.
Thursday night, deputies were called to a home in central Callaway County for a report of a disturbance involving a weapon.
Investigators say David Salmons, 51, came to the house with a sword and started poking holes in the side of the house. He then allegedly forced his way into the home, brandishing the weapon.
Three adult relatives were inside the home at the time. Deputies say Salmons backed down because one of the relatives was armed with a gun.
Deputies say when they later caught up to Salmons he led them on a short chase before he was arrested.
Salmons now faces several charges.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County