CENTRALIA, Mo. - Centralia police have arrested a man on suspicion of child abuse. They were alerted when a 5-year-old child was brought to Audrain County Medical Center. Officers say the child had severe bruising, scratches and other injuries consistent with abuse.
Police arrested Anthony Barnett of Centralia Thursday morning on suspicion of abusing the child. According to investigators, the child isn't related to Barnett but was in his care at the time the injuries happened. The child is currently with the Audrain County juvenile office.
Barnett was taken to Boone County jail and booked on charges of child abuse and endangering the welfare of a child. His bond was set at $50,000.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy