FULTON, Mo. - Charges have been filed after the state auditor discovered missing funds at the 13th Judicial Circuit in Callaway County.
Late Friday afternoon, special prosecutor Mike Fusselman filed three counts of forgery against Lanet Bittle, 48, of Fulton.
Bittle voluntarily surrendered at the Callaway County Sheriff's Office and was arrested. Bittle posted a $10,000 bond and will appear in court on Dec. 6.
On Wednesday, state auditor Tom Schweich told ABC 17 News that $355 is missing and another $11,292 may be missing based upon voided cash receipts.
Schweich rated the overall performance of the 13th Judicial Circuit as "poor."
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active