COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man charged with second degree murder in the death of an 8-month-old baby girl waived his right to appear in court Wednesday.
Cody Baker was arrested on February 28th after his girlfriend's baby daughter was found unresponsive and later died at the hospital.
Baker's girlfriend, Anna Steele, is charged with second degree murder in her daughter's death.
According to court documents, her bond was lowered from $1 million to $250,000 on Monday. Steele only had to pay 10 percent of that to bond out in April.
She was released on house arrest, with documents showing she is not allowed to leave without permission, must wear a GPS tracking bracelet, cannot consume or possess intoxicants, and cannot come into contact with anyone under 17.
Columbia Police found items soaked with fresh blood, and an autopsy revealed the baby suffered a massive blunt trauma to the head as well as showed signs of being shaken.
Steele allegedly told police she thought Baker was a threat to the baby after the baby was found with a bruise on the cheek two weeks before the death.
Baker is scheduled to be back in court on May 19th.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"