COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man with a long criminal record finds himself in trouble again.
Boone County prosecutors charged Malcolm Redmon with assault for allegedly attacking a fellow inmate inside the Boone County jail.
Investigators tell us the incident centered around a privilege system inside the jail.
Redmon faces a trial later this year for tampering with his electronic monitoring equipment and violating his home detention sentence.
Redmon's criminal history includes arrests linked to high-profile shootings and fights as well.
Redmon admits to being involved in a 2012 fight at Boone Tavern that led to a shooting.
He was also the intended target in a 2012 shooting at Chuck E. Cheese's in Columbia.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost