COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man faces possible charges after allegedly injuring his own baby. Ryan Gastineau was arrested in the 4300 block of Brunswick Drive on suspicion of child abuse.
Last Saturday Gastineau was left with his son, who started to cry. Police say he tried comforting the child, but then Gastineau became frustrated and started bouncing him violently.
The 6-month-old was taken to the hospital the next day, and medical records are suggestive of non-accidental head injuries.
Gastineau has since posted bond.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members