COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man has been charged with assault after he beat another man with a skateboard.
Police say 21-year-old Thomas H. Carter was arrested Sunday around 1 a.m. near 28 N. 9th Street.
Officers say Carter went to fight a man for insulting his girlfriend. When the victim pulled a knife, Carter took a skateboard and hit the victim several times in the head and face.
The victim was taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
On Monday, Boone County prosecutors charged Carter with armed criminal action and first-degree assault.
His bond has been set at $150,000. He remains in the Boone County Jail as of Tuesday afternoon.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit