COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man is in the Boone County Jail after he allegedly beat a child with an extension cord then strangled her.
Maurice Clark, 33, was arrested Monday night in the 800 block of Moss Street.
Officers say Clark hit a 12-year-old girl on the arms, back and legs with the extension cord. He then allegedly slapped and strangled the girl.
Officers arrested Clark for child abuse and second-degree assault. His bond has been set at $9,000.
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy
- Columbia Public Works to survey Nifong Boulevard
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire