COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man is behind bars after he allegedly fired a gun during an argument with a neighbor.
Boone County Sheriff's deputies were called to the 6100 block of Sharon Lane in northeast Columbia just before 9 a.m. Sunday for a report of a shots fired incident.
Deputies arrested 30-year-old Recco E. Charters for unlawful use of a weapon and possession of a firearm unlawful for certain persons.
Authorities say Charters was intoxicated at the time and fired two shots into the ground during the dispute. He also has a previous conviction for felony robbery, and therefore prohibited for owning a firearm.
Charters' bond has been set at $20,000. He remains in the Boone County Jail as of Monday morning.
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road