COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Jefferson City man was arrested for allegedly robbing an acquaintance at gunpoint Tuesday.
Police say 52-year-old Michael A. Green picked up the male victim around 2 p.m. near the intersection of Green Meadows Road and Crescent Green Drive in Columbia.
As Green and the victim were heading to a movie, Green stopped the car, pointed a gun at the victim and demanded money. The victim handed over an undisclosed amount of money and got out of the car.
Cole County Sheriff's deputies found Green around 4:43 p.m. and turned him over to Columbia police.
Green was arrested on a charge of first-degree robbery and transported to the Boone County Jail.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County