COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police have arrested a man on suspicion of statutory sodomy. Oscar Contreras, 26, was arrested Monday on an outstanding federal warrant for failing to appear for deportation.
While he was at the jail, officers named him as a suspect in a case of statutory sodomy that happened Sunday night. Police say Contreras had deviate sexual intercourse with a 7-year-old girl.
Contreras remains at the Boone County jail as his bond for the sodomy count hasn' been set.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy