COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man was arrested Monday night after he allegedly threatened to kill another man over a cigarette.
Police say the incident happened at Broadway and Seventh Street, on a bench outside of Sycamore Restaurant.
Chasmen Foster, 24, asked the victim for a cigarette, according to officers. When the victim responded he did not have a cigarette, Foster allegedly threatened to kill the victim. Police say Foster then punched the victim in his face.
Police arrested Foster for third-degree assault and on a warrant for driving while intoxicated. As of Tuesday afternoon, Foster remained in the Boone County Jail on a $1,500 bond.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Updated Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze