COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man is in jail after an attempted sexual assault.
Boone County deputies say they were called out to the 4000 block of Santa Anna Drive on Thursday, after someone heard a woman screaming.
After investigating deputies arrested Jimmie Pope, 45, on multiple charges.
Investigators say he lured a woman he knew to his home. He allegedly physically assaulted her and attempted to sexually assault her.
The victim fought back and the attack was interrupted when another person came home and heard the woman's cries.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy