COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man ended up in jail Monday night after deputies say he threatened someone with a gun.
Deputies were called to the 3500 block of New Haven Road shortly after 8 p.m. Witnesses there told them a man was waving a pistol around and threatened someone with that same gun.
The deputies later found the suspect, 24-year-old Joshua Hendren, at a nearby home. They said Hendren struggled before they were able to get him under control and arrest him.
Hendren was arrested on charges of armed criminal action, second-degree assault and resisting arrest. He remains in the Boone County Jail with no bond set yet.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy