COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man has been federally charged for sex trafficking involving two people.
33-year-old Kenyata Miles was charged Wednesday with a count of sex trafficking and another count of attempted sex trafficking of a minor.
Miles was arrested in May 2013 by the Boone County Sheriff's Department Cyber Crimes Task Force for suspicion of promoting prosecution and trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation, among other charges.
Miles allegedly took women to motel rooms in Columbia and other cities in mid-Missouri for prostitution activity.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy