MOBERLY, Mo. - A Columbia man was in custody Sunday morning after a late-night high-speed chase through two counties.
Emmanuel Mitchell, 30, was being held on $20,199 bond in the Boone County Jail, facing traffic charges as well as an outstanding warrant in the county.
ABC 17 News first reported Saturday night Mitchell fled from a traffic stop at the Interstate 70/Highway 63 connector at Clark Lane around 10:30 p.m. The vehicle had no license plates, deputies said.
Deputies and the Missouri State Highway Patrol pursued him into Randolph County, where he reached speeds of up to 120 miles per hour.
Highway Patrol Troop B out of Macon confirmed late Saturday that Mitchell and another man were taken into custody at the Route M (Urbandale) exit on Highway 63 by 11 p.m.
According to a Boone County Sheriffs news release, the other man was interviewed and later released without charges.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy