COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police arrested a man Wednesday night after he allegedly robbed a victim and assaulted an officer.
Cops say 35-year-old Dean Wilmoth assaulted an 18-year-old man around 7:15 p.m. on Ninth Street.
Police later found Wilmoth a few blocks away with the exact amount of money stolen from the victim. After the victim identified Wilmoth as the suspect, police transported Wilmoth to an area hospital where he allegedly spat on an officer.
Wilmoth was arrested on charges of second degree robbery and third degree assault of a law enforcement officer with a bond of $25,500.
He remains in the Boone County Jail as of Thursday morning.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost