COLUMBIA, Mo. - Police arrested a man suspect of burglarizing a home over the weekend.
Officers say 20-year-old Zachary M. Smith broke into a home in the 5600 block of Majestic Circle on Saturday around 4 p.m.
Wednesday morning, an off-duty law enforcement officer spotted Smith in the 4900 block of Thornbrook Ridge. Officer say Smith matched the suspect description the victim gave at the scene.
Smith reportedly admitted to the burglary and has property from the home in his possession.
He was arrested for first-degree burglary with a bond to be set.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze