COLUMBIA, Mo. - Law enforcement are responding to a shooting at Douglass Park in Columbia.
Around 6:15 p.m. Wednesday, dispatchers began receiving reports of several shots fired in the park. According to scanner traffic, numerous people were running from the park.
Columbia police confirmed to ABC 17 News that 7 to 10 shots were fired. A crew at the scene also reported seeing shell casings on the ground.
There have been no reported injuries from the shots fired.
Officers closed the park for the night after several fights broke out. At least two people were detained for the physical disturbances.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for the latest on this developing story.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Updated Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze