COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police are investigating an assault and attempted robbery near Coats Street.
Officers were dispatched to an assault at 5:40 Sunday morning to the 1000 block of Coats Street.
When they arrived on the scene, the 30-year-old victim told police he was walking from downtown 30 minutes to an hour earlier when he was approached by a black man.
The victim reported that the suspect demanded his wallet, but he refused. He told police the suspect hit him with a bottle when he refused to give him his wallet.
The victim said the suspect ran off, but it wasn't clear which direction he ran.
The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The suspect did not get any property.
The suspect is described as a black man wearing all dark clothing.
If you have any information on this crime, call Crime Stoppers at 573-875-TIPS.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes