COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police are investigating how a man was shot Thursday evening.
Around 6:47 p.m. Thursday, a 26-year-old man showed up at a local hospital with a gunshot wound. Investigators say a family member brought the man to the hospital. The victim told the family member to pick him up in the 1200 block of Range Line Street.
Police say they do not know where the shooting happened or what led to the incident.
Officers say the victim is now in "stable" condition and the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is about this incident is urged to call the Columbia Police Department, 573-442-6131, or Crime Stoppers, 573-875-TIPS (8477), to remain anonymous.
- Updated 75 years after WWII, mid-Missouri remembers
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated UM System Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force releases recommendations after audit
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018