COLUMBIA, Mo. - A 19-year-old man was shot in the leg early Sunday morning during a large party on Bodie Drive in Columbia.
Columbia police said in a news release that the victim was taken from the scene to University Hospital in a private vehicle. He suffered non-life-threatening injuries to his lower leg.
The first reports of shots fired came around 1:04 a.m. The caller reported hearing four to five shots during a large party at 1505 Bodie Drive.
When officers arrived at the scene, they said the party had broken up and any suspects or victims were already gone.
Investigators found shell casings in front of 1505 Greensboro Drive, but had not released any suspect or suspect vehicle description Sunday.
A neighbor told an ABC 17 News crew Sunday afternoon that he heard the shots and saw someone speed away from the scene.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crimestoppers at 875-TIPS.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members