BOONE CO., Mo. - Boone County investigators say they busted three separate meth operations near Columbia in just three days. One man landed in jail Monday after investigators allegedly found evidence of drug production in three different locations.
Deputies say they stopped Justin Thatcher, 40, and found a mobile meth lab in his trunk. They later got a search warrant and discovered more operations in his home and some nearby woods in the 4700 block of Heller Road off Route B.
On Tuesday, authorities say another search warrant at 3900 Clark Lane uncovered a small amount of methamphetamine and evidence of prior sales, along with packaged marijuana ready to sell. Investigators claim they also found items used to inject heroin and a loaded handgun in the same home as an underage juvenile.
Two suspects in the latest case, Mitchell Fisher and Alexis McHugh, were both arrested on numerous offenses.
And then on Wednesday, deputies say they carried out a search warrant west of Ashland, in the 800 block of East Calvin Drive in Hartsburg. Authorities say they uncovered an active hydrogen chloride gas generator and evidence of old drug labs, plus several others using a one pot method.
The woman who lives there, Barbara Graves, 41, was taken into custody for the operation, but officials emphasized the investigation about meth in Boone County remains ongoing, and more arrests are expected.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit