COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia man was sentenced to life in prison after he pleaded guilty to statutory sodomy and child pornography charges.
Investigators say Charles DeCarr III, 40, sent child porn to suspects in Ohio in Nov. 2012. They also believe he personally took the photographs himself.
Two children, ages 2 and 5, were in the photos and ABC 17 News has learned they are DeCarr's children. The children were taken into protective custody following DeCarr's 2012 arrest.
On Nov. 27, 2013, DeCarr pleaded guilty to five counts, including statutory sodomy and sexual exploitation of a minor child.
During sentencing, Boone County Prosecutor Dan Knight requested three life sentences for DeCarr, while defense attorneys have asked for a 35-year sentence.
DeCarr received a life sentence plus 20 years for the crimes.
- Updated 75 years after WWII, mid-Missouri remembers
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Updated UM System Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force releases recommendations after audit
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018