COLUMBIA, Mo. - Boone County Sheriff's deputies arrested a felon after a brief car chase Monday afternoon.
Around 3:30 p.m., a deputy tried to pull over a vehicle on Highway 63 near Route B for a speeding violation.
Law enforcement say Adrian Lewon Wright, 23, Columbia stopped briefly then led deputies on a short chase before stopping near Blue Ridge Road and Shoemaker Drive.
Wright was arrested on charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm, felony resisting arrest, speeding and driving with a suspended license.
His bond was set at $9,645 and he has bonded out of the Boone County Jail as of Tuesday morning.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County