COLUMBIA, Mo. - Two Columbia men were arrested Wednesday afternoon after they tried to run away from police officers. The officers in plain clothes said Rockus Roland, 23, and Denzell Smith, 22, were acting suspiciously in a parked vehicle near Garth Avenue and Benton Street.
According to police, when Smith and Roland saw the officers, they tried to leave in their car, and then ran away on foot. The officers caught up to both men and arrested them.
Ruckus was arrested for distribution and delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, property damage, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Smith was arrested for distribution and delivery of a controlled substance, resisting arrest, assault on a law enforcement officer and a no-bond parole and probation warrant.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County