JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Two Fulton grandparents were arrested over the weekend for allegedly putting their grandchild into the trunk of car to transport tables.
On Saturday, Jefferson City police were called to the Menards store on Stone Creek Drive for a report of child endangerment.
The caller told police she heard a child in the trunk of a car frantically yelling, "let me out." The caller then observed a couple getting out of the car, opening the trunk and letting a 5-year-old girl out of the trunk.
Officers arrested Marc and Mary Vaulcher, both of Fulton, for endangering the welfare of a child.
The couple told police they purchased two tables at another store and did not have enough space in the trunk, so they put their granddaughter in the trunk.
The girl was unharmed, but released to the custody of another family member.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost