CALLAWAY COUNTY, Mo. - Fulton police said a man is in jail after crashing his car into a guardrail while he was under the influence of alcohol.
Officers said they were called to investigate the crash on Westbound Highway 54 early Sunday morning.
They said the car Travis Lee was driving left the roadway and collided with the guardrail, causing major damage to both the car and the guardrail.
Officers said they suspected Lee was under the influence of alcohol.
When he was placed under arrest, he resisted.
Lee is facing felony DWI, resisting arrest and first degree property damage among other charges.
He is being held in the Callaway County jail on a $14,000 bond.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy