FULTON, Mo. - A Fulton man was arrested Sunday for having sex with a teenager who had been reported missing.
The Callaway County Sheriff's Department got a report about a 16-year-old girl who was missing and had possibly run away from the Fulton area. She was dropped off at a business in Kingdom City Saturday evening but didn't come home.
While investigating, deputies learned the teenager was possibly with Jerry Baily, 22, who is currently under supervision by the state's parole and probation board for stealing. The teenager was found in Fulton Sunday evening, and deputies say that while the she was with Bailey, they had sexual contact with each other.
Bailey was arrested a short time later for statutory rape, endangering the welfare of a child and allowing a minor to consume liquor. His bond was set at $15,000.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County