GLASGOW, Mo. - Glasgow Public Schools are on lockdown Thursday as authorities search for a man.
Around 8 a.m., Glasgow police were involved in a car chase, attempting to pull over 33-year-old Dion L. Washington.
Washington eventually fled from his car and ran across a track located on Glasgow school property.
Fayette police, Howard County Sheriff's deputies, Missouri State Highway Patrol troopers, and Boonville Police Department's K-9 unit assisted in the search for Washington. The Highway Patrol also used an aircraft in the search.
Authorities still have not located Washington and the search has been called off. Police say he is not considered dangerous and he does not pose an immediate threat to the community.
The Missouri Department of Corrections says Washington is currently on parole for three counts of distribution of a controlled substance. He was incarcerated in Oct. 2007, and was released on parole in April 2012.
Anyone with information on Washington's whereabouts is asked to call Glasgow police at (660) 338-2583.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze