COLUMBIA, Mo. - Columbia police were searching for a white car and a handful of suspects after a shooting on Currituck Lane on Wednesday night.
Witnesses told ABC 17 News they heard six shots fired from that vehicle around 8 p.m. in the 5300 block of Currituck.
According to a news release, 3-4 black men shot out of a white sedan toward people standing in front of a house.
Investigators at the scene marked nearly one dozen shell casings. Currituck Lane is one quarter mile east of Brown School Road and Rangeline Street in north Columbia.
At least one home and one vehicle were hit by bullets. The Criminal Investigation Division and Forensic Evidence Unit were investigating the case.
Police did not have suspect descriptions or updates as of early Thursday morning.
Anyone with information in this shooting was asked to call Columbia police at 573-874-7652.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"