MOBERLY, Mo. - The man accused of robbing a Moberly store Saturday wanted to use the money to buy synthetic drugs.
That's according to Moberly police, who announced the arrest Sunday.
According to a news release, Jerry Amos entered Ice House convenience store in the 300 block of West Rollins around 3 p.m. Saturday.
He handed the clerk a note that stated he had a gun and demanded money. The clerk told investigators the man never actually showed a gun.
He got away with an undisclosed amount of money from the register.
A citizen tip Sunday led to the arrest of the 35-year-old Amos in the 900 block of Franklin Street.
Randolph County Prosecutor Mike Fusselman charged Amos with 2nd degree robbery. He was being held on $20,000 bond.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active