ELDON, Mo. - An investigation is underway after the death of a 2-month-old child.
On Thursday, police and fire crews were called to a home in Eldon for a report of a baby that was unresponsive. The child was transported to Lake Regional Hospital where death was pronounced dead.
The case has been turned over to investigators with the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Through part of the investigation warrants were obtained for Graham Bond and Elizabeth Burnett, both of Eldon. Both Bond and Burnett were charged with endangering the welfare of a child and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
The investigation into the death of the baby continues.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security