ELDON, Mo. - Two people in Eldon are behind bars as investigators are trying to figure out how a two-month old Eldon baby died. Graham Bond and Elizabeth Burnett were arrested on drug charges and endangering the welfare of a child. Burnett was arraigned on Monday.
An autopsy was done on the child in Columbia on Monday. ABC 17 News doesn't know the results yet.
According to court documents, on Thursday, Eldon police got a call that a two-month-old boy was unresponsive. When they got to the home they found the baby dead. But officers say there was a smell of marijuana and found there to be a lot more than that. Searching through the home they found drugs like meth, morphine, hydrocodone along with exposed syringes. Court documents state the drugs and syringes were found in locations which were easily in reach of children. Along with the baby, there was also a three year old living in the home. Investigators also found individual baggies and packaging materials they believe were going to be sold.
Investigators refused to give us further information when we asked. Both Bond and Burnett are in the Miller County Jail on $100,000 bonds.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"