JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - An inmate at the Jefferson City Correctional Center was indicted by grand jury Tuesday on a murder charge.
Ryan Vaught, 23, was held with no bond Wednesday morning after the indictment.
Vaught was accused of killing his cellmate, 65-year-old Daniel Skipper, on February 16 at the prison.
Skipper was serving time on statutory rape and sodomy charges. Vaught was in for armed criminal action and assault.
The Cole County Sheriffs Department investigated the death.
According to online court records, Vaught was scheduled for an arraignment before Cole County judge Jon Beetum on July 15.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost